CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Live Bait - 08/22/2007

I just finished book two of 'The Monkeewrench' series by PJ Tracy. I loved the first book, Monkeewrench. The characters were quirky, well-written and made me want to be their friend and bake the cookies or a cake or something.


Book two deals less with the characters that made up Monkeewrench and more with the police officers that worked with Monkeewrench in the first book. I was ok with that. This book was almost a set-up to explain how it is that the Monkeewrench crew is going to continue to be involved with crime-fighting. I'm glad that they used it as a set up. I would have felt a little skeptical had they had these people be involved in crime-solving for no apparent reason.
I love the banter between Leo Magozzi and Gino Roseleth. The "whodunnit" this time was a doozie. Whodathunk it? I won't give it away, but it was left-of-center and was fun. There were some sad parts too; I teared up big-time towards the end. I hate not to say anything other than to say I betcha Gloria, the police HQ's big, bad black & beautiful receptionist ends up with skinny, red-headed Irish McLaren. :)

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: