CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

To Kill a Mockingbird, the Movie - 09/13/2007

After reading "To Kill a Mockingbird," I was sure there was a movie made of this book, so I rented it from Blockbuster on-line.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



It was a really good adaptation of the book. Like all movies based on books, they had to cut some things out, but for the most part, were I Harper Lee, I would have been proud of this 1962 adaptation. In my mind, I saw Jimmy Stewart in the role of Atticus. I was close. Gregory Peck had the lead role. He did a terrific job of playing Atticus' quiet strength. Out of all the characters, I loved Atticus most. The story is told by his daughter, Scout, and some felt that the story was more about Jem's coming of age (Niki) but I still loved Atticus. His 1930's character embodied something we sorely miss; I sorely miss.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



The movie was like the book; sweet & thought-provoking. The only draw-back to the movie for me was the actress playing Scout. I am sorry, I know she was young, but her acting was just so bad. It was her first role, poor thing, I know. She just never shed a tear in the crying scenes, not a one. She would make a scowling face and 5 seconds later, she's straight-faced again. I was really disappointed at her acting when she finally met Boo, played by the way, by Robert Duval (cool!!!) who had no speaking lines.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Here she is meeting BOO for Pete's sake! She's supposed to be tearing up. Instead we get a goofy, too wide-eyed look. *sigh* Aside from that, I enjoyed the movie almost as much as the book. May the Atticus be with you!

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: