CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Origin - 06/21/2007

Once upon a time, about 7-8 years ago, there was this rather large forum. The forum was something I stumbled upon one day doing a Google Search on Buffy. The forum had people like me! People who totally loved Buffy & Angel (and Roswell etc.). There were present episode discussions, past episode discussions, fan writing, fan sightings. It was a beautiful thing.


So, 7-8 years ago, I started conversing with a group of people, and we ended up exchanging e-mail addresses. For some reason that I cannot remember now cause I am old & decrepit, we called ourselves the Mafia Chicks. Never mind that there were 7 girls and one guy. I think we were trying to put a hit out on someone, I don't know. There are 2 in California, 1 in New Jersey, 1 in Maryland, 1 (now) in Connecticut, 1 in Florida (me) and the two over there; Australia and Denmark. We ranged in age from 13 to 29.

Fast forward 7 years. Our high school girl is 20, us older ones are...older. :) We *still* e-mail each other. There have been split-ups, three babies, way more weight than I care to admit, new jobs, graduations (college and high school) and tons of Christmas cards being sent across the country and around the world. I've met two of the girls up in DC back in 2002. The man of the group has met the NJ girl, the girl from Denmark and even flew to Australia and met the Aussie chick. And this week, he met me. :)


Spur of the moment, last minute thing, he decided to vacation in Florida and ended up about 30 miles from my house. He came over yesterday and was a gracious guest, bringing taffy and a Blockbuster gift card (with way too much on it Michael!) I had laid out some ground beef for some quick Hamburger Helper and thought "Oh No! What am I going to cook?" I still had some of the peppers that Jake's grandpa grew in his garden, so I made stuffed red, yellow and green peppers. They were good; ground beef, onions, rice, tomato sauce, garlic & mozzarella. Mmmmm. I gave him the tour of the house, including "his guest room," and saw pictures of his Australian trip. We discussed the three other B's (not Buffy): beach, books and business.
It was SO COOL to finally meet the male Mafia Chick.


0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: