CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 15, 2007

As You Were

Back to the book I was reading: The Lovely Bones. I did end up finishing it the next evening. It was a really good book, until one part near the end. Not a MacGuffin really, nor a Deus Ex Machina. More of an .."incongruous" moment. If you have read the book, you know what I am talking about. It's a beautiful book just slightly dinged by this one plot device that just does not fit. Read it and let me know what you think. Oh, by the way, they are filming this as a movie in 2007. Peter Jackson (if you live in a cave, he's the Lord of the Rings director) bought the rights to the movie and will be directing it. No cast list is available yet.

I also finished, in 3 hours, Mitch Albom's "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." If one of your resolutions this year was to read more, but you dread it, read this book. It's an easy read and quite enjoyable. It's not Pulitzer winning stuff, but it's a good read. Another book about Heaven.


My library experience yesterday was a bit of a bummer. I went to go pick up Mr. Albom's book that I had held for me. While I was there, I decided to have them update my address. They told me that they could not, and I could not check books out, as I no longer live in Seminole County! They do not have reciprocity with Volusia county. They do with Orange county (which is why I can get books out of the library downtown) and with Lake county, but not Volusia! They were nice enough to let me bring home Mr. Ablom's book, but now I don't know if my account has been flagged or what. I did the address change attempt at the information desk, not at the front desk, which is where I picked up & checked out the book. I need to return this book and see what happens next. I work about 5-7 miles away from it. It's convenient for me to go there during my lunch breaks. And I love this library. I know where everything is. I have been going to it for 9 years - I still have the OLD library card. I have only been to the branch here in my city twice, both times with Isabel. Technically, I have not explored this library, as I chased her around the children's section (which is almost as nice as my old library) the entire time. So.....do I lie and pretend I still live in Seminole county? Isn't that wrong? Gahhhhh
!

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: