CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Smile Time - 01/06/2007

The year: late 1995/early 1996.

Jake is either 2 or almost 2. I was feeling HORRIBLE. I had the flu. It was "winter," (Florida winter is SO not winter.) and I was ill.


Jake's dad helped me up the stairs of the two-story condo we were renting and started a bubble bath for me. He then sat Jake on the toilet seat (lid down), to keep me company. There are bubbles everywhere and Jake is jabbering away. As bubbles move away from covering certain strategic places, Jacob points and HAPPILY SHRIEKS, "A puppy!! A puppy!!" Jake's dad runs up the stairs in a panic, as he heard me sputtering and, what he thinks, is painful spasm-yelling. What he finds is me, in pain, but laughing HYSTERICALLY. It hurt to laugh (I had a very raw, sore throat), but I could not help it, and I sputtered away as I tried to explain what Jacob had just said.

The year: 1996 or so.

The place - my 1994 Honda Civic two-door car. I am driving, Jake is in the back seat directly behind me, in his car seat. "Here Mommy." He wants to hand me something, but he is directly behind me. I say "Hold on, baby," and continue driving. "Here mommy. Here mommy. Mommy, here. Mommy. MOMMY HERE!" I contort my right hand around the back of my chair and put my hand somewhere near him, palm up. He gives me whatever it is he is yelling about. I pull my hand back up front....to find a booger firmly squashed in my palm.

The year: 1998. The Place: Winn Dixie grocery store.

(Publix is another grocery store chain here too). Jake, around 4, and I are grocery shopping. He decides he is going to sass me in front of other patrons. I pull him aside and sternly say "Don't you dare talk back to me in public!!" His eyes well up, he starts to cry and he says "But we're not IN Publix, we're in Winn Dixie!"


Happy Friday!

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: