CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Replacement - 08/27/2006

You Florida people....where do you shop for groceries? I...am in a quandary. I normally shop at Winn Dixie. The Longwood Winn Dixie on 434 is terrific. Much better than the one on 434 closer to Winter Springs (it was technically Casselberry). The Casselberry one was icky. The Longwood one, although older, is much cleaner and has much nicer employees.

We moved to Deltona so I reluctantly had to find a new Winn Dixie. I did, about 3 miles away. Not too shabby - I just had to get used to their weird floor organization. Two weeks ago, I go to this Winn Dixie only to find a sign saying they were closing, and I could visit one of the 2 other Winn Dixie's in Deltona. *sigh* I went to the next closest one. *shudder* NOT a pretty neighborhood. The Winn Dixie looked like it was built in 1970...and had not been cleaned since 1980 or so. That was the first and last time I will step foot in that store. Let's not discuss the scary people shopping there.

So now, my problem is...I have to shop at Publix. For those of you not in Florida, Publix is a very nice store. MUCH cleaner and hoity toity than Winn Dixie. WD is more for people wanting to save $$. At Publix, you're paying more to shop at a cleaner, nicer looking store. My problem? I don't CARE that Publix is the hoity toity store. I do not want to spend more $$ to buy the same darned items! Can of Crystal Light at Winn Dixie: $2.89. At Publix: $3.99. Can of Hunts Spaghetti Sauce: WD= 99 cents. Can't beat that! Publix? $1.29. Package of Rice-A-Roni pasta mix: WD = 99 cents. Publix? $1.19. And so on & so one. I'm shopping at Publix and I'm MAD because they are overcharging for everything.

I will give them this - they have an amazing deli & bakery. I'd go there to get my breads & lunch meat any day. But paying more for the same name-brand items drives me fruit!
I spent $99 at Publix today on things I *know* would have totalled about $75 at Winn Dixie. I'm thinking of shopping at the Longwood Winn Dixie when I get off work, on nights David does not have to work. Have I bored you to death?

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: