CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Beneath You - 12/23/2006


I hate to mop. Because I have mop issues. Can someone PLEASE tell me that they have a mop they love? I HATE MOPS! Hate, hate, hate. I have yet to find a mop that does the job. At my old house, I would end up on my hands and knees, with a bucket and a scrubby brush, hand scrubbing and hand wiping the floor, because no mop could get it clean enough for my liking. Now that I have more floor to mop, this is no longer an option for me.


I had a regular sponge mop. Those are horrible. They do nothing to actually clean stains off the floor.


I bought a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Mop. Don't bother. Biggest waste of $15 or so ever. This thing does nothing for stains, nothing. And it tends to just move dirty water around. I will rinse the mop under hot, clean water in the empty side of the sink, before dipping it into the side of the sink with the water & cleaner. Still, it pushes the dirt around rather that absorbing it.


I bought a Swiffer Wet jet. It's kind of cool. You spray this liquid thing out of it, and then just dry-wipe it with the papery thing underneath. My problem with this is...you're just spraying this chemical and wiping it up and...is it building up? Where is the follow-up wet wiping of this chemical off the floor? I'm finding it weird that there is not water wiping it up. It smells weird too. Too sweet. I have been using the Swiffer to spot clean in between moppings, which is great.
I still need a regular mop. David thinks I am weird. I have had mop issues for YEARS. Years. Anyone have any ideas? If so, PLEASE let me know.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: