CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 8, 2007

Crazy Love - 10/08/2007


  • In the 12+ years I have been working where I work, the office has been in the same area. We've moved twice in my 12+ years there, but we've moved exactly 2 streets over from where I started. In my 12 years, on various lunch breaks and such, I have seen an odd couple. They are always walking from various places, running various errands. Sometimes they are pulling a cart full of groceries behind them. Sometimes they are walking their bikes through the intersection. They are always primly dressed. The old man is in his 70's. His midsection is round, his pressed pants held up by suspenders. He wears pressed-long sleeved shirts, regardless of the Florida heat and always wears a baseball cap. His companion is a man in his 50's. He wears nicely pressed slacks, pulled up past his stomach, held firmly by a belt. He is often wearing plaid long sleeved shirts, his hair reaches the nape of his neck, but it is always neatly in place, slicked back by some product. He's a little slow; maybe disabled. The old man takes him everywhere; holds his hand as they cross the streets of our city. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I think of them as father & son. Dad taking care of his son. Last week, after 12 years of seeing them, I saw they younger of the two, plaid shirt, slacks pulled too high, belt, sandals & socks....walking alone. Down the street passing the CVS. And my heart hiccuped for just a second. Just one. Where's dad? Is he ok? Is son just out for a walk on his own? Where's dad? Who'll take care of the son? He seems ok, nicely pressed pants. I have to turn left now, I can't see where he's going. Who'll hold his hand when he crosses the street?

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: