CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 8, 2007

We Thought You'd Be Funnier - 10/08/2007

Having heard how extremely funny Laurie Notaro was, I checked out some of her books from the library. I was only able to check out her first and her 4th. Numbers 2 & 3 were checked out.





Book # 1 is called "The Idiot Girl's Action Adventure Club: True Tales of a Magnificent & Clumsy Life."



Notaro1 Ms. Notaro is a writer for newspapers and on-line newspapers. Her first book deals a lot with her insane life, as told through her newspaper posts. Some of the sections had me laughing aloud, but for the most part, she is forever drunk, hung-over, trying to get drunk, get noticed by the opposite sex, or sleeping until 2 p.m. I'm totally over that phase of life, called college, so I was not really impressed. (BTW, I was always the designated drive in college. Why? Drinking just seemed like a complete waste of time and good money that I did not have a lot of. Why would I want to be the girl sobbing in the corner, hair completely a mess, hugging everyone in sight, telling her sob stories to anyone who would listen? And really.....WHY would I want to be that girl who puked on her shoes in the bushes, and then calls me up in the morning asking "Have you seen my shoes?")





The second book (which is really her 4th) is called "We Thought You'd Be Prettier: True Tales of the Dorkiest Girl Alive." This one wNotaro2as a much better read for me, because by now, her stories were a little bit "older." I need to read the books in between, because she got married and lost a grandparent in between. She's talking about promoting her first book, her Nana, ebay, her husband and the "rat," and....the HAIR. The pet-store kid's coif. The Flippy Hair, on a BOY, that drove her to realize, she was no longer cool. The hair that made her want to kick that hair's @$$. This book was MUCH better. I knew she'd be funnier!



0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: