CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Grime & Punishment - 05/20/2007

In the mail yesterday was a postal letterbox, including a small novel: "Grime and Punishment: a Jane Jeffry Mystery" by Jill Churchill. I've never heard of this author before. It was a quick, fun read. I think I finished it in 3 hours. One hour yesterday and two today (after coming home from a graduation party for a boy I met when he was 3. I feel so old today). This is the first of 16 novels so far with Jane Jeffry, a widowed suburban mother of 3 who somehow keeps getting involved in murder/mysteries. To be honest, I'd be nervous of my life if I were her. I may read some more. The author, Jill Churchill, likes to name her books based on other book titles, but with a twist. "A Farewell to Yarns," "A Quiche Before Dying," "Was & Peas," and "Mulch Ado About Nothing," to name a few.


If you're looking for a light read, check it out. Not earth-shattering goodness, but still fun enough.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: