CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I've Got You Under My Skin - 10/11/2006

I had a pleasant surprise when I went to our mailbox this afternoon after work. Soaps! Yay Soaps!! Some of you know that I buy homemade soaps from a friend who is local. *waves at Amy* She makes soap in her home. A home filled with a mildly mentally challenged dog named Scout, a husband who I know personally as a saint, and four boys, FOUR. Ages 14, twin 12 year olds & one six year old. For about 4 years, I called the 12 year olds, "my twins." They were in Cub Scouts with my son (I was either the Assistant Den Leader or the Den Leader in those years) from Kindergarten through 5th grade. Of the 25 or so Tigers that started in 1st grade, my son, her twins and one other boy, were the only 4 that made it all the way through to Webelos & got their Arrow of Light. *pats self on back*

But enough about ME and the greatness that is me.

Back to soap: I've sent some as gifts to three sisters, sisters-in-law, mom-in-law, mom, grandma-in-law, teachers, etc. etc. They are YUMMY and I want to eat them. Go! Buy from Amy. The holidays are coming. Click on the links on the left of her site to see her seasonal & regular soaps. Today I received one each of: Brandied Pear, Cranberry Mint (minty!), Sunny Skies (smells like...the beach), Hazelnut Coffee ('nuff said), Snowy Night, Rosemary Mint with Dead Sea Mud, Once Upon a Hippy (Spa Salt Soap - should that say Sea Salt Soap?), one that smells like Autumn Spice and one that smells Vanilla-like (the last 2 were not labeled). She also included two tub teas, 4 small soap samples and a Moisture Rich Sugar Scrub - Patchouli & Lime (One Upon a Hippy). Main ingredient? SUGAR. See what I mean by wanting to eat it all. I had one sister tell me she uses them as decoration, because they were too pretty. My reply? Hello? USE them, she'll make more. I got my brother-in-law one with beer in it - he loved it. Said it was manly. Yup, you can go buy less expensive soap, that'll dry your skin out & make it feel stretched. Or you can INDULGE. :)

Don't worry, ladies. Christmas is coming and Soap Trios will be ordered.

This advertisement brought to you courtesy of the free stuff Amy always gives me.

"I've Got You Under My Skin," Angel Season 1 Episode 14

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: