CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 10, 2006

Blind Date - 11/10/2006


Holy cow, we narrowly missed a complete screw-up!


We have had plans to eat dinner with the neighbors for 2 weeks. We told them that on Saturday night, we could not do it because of a Barmitzvah. It was decided that Friday night, the 10th, we'd have dinner with the neighbors.


All week, we heard nothing. David took the night off for this too. Then...today arrives. We still don't know when dinner is. David was home all day but the neighbors were working. In a panic, I rush to the grocery store on the way home, to buy a cake, some flowers for the hostess and cookies for the little girls. I get home...to see the male neighbor get in his car to go to the gym. His wife and daughter are not home yet. We're confused. Did they forget? Is it going to be late? I keep telling David there is no way they would not tell us the time. We need to know, to get ready. So we're all stupid, lol, because no one wants to go over to talk to the lady when she gets home. What if they forgot? I did not want to make them feel bad! We waited until about 7:30 & finally went to dinner.


We just got back aroud 9:30, and neighbor guy is pulling in his driveway too. David yells his name and walks over to the street. They thought we were doing dinner tomorrow!! We reminded him we had a barmitzvah to go to Saturday night. He apologized profusely. David then says "Let's see if we can still work it out. Kaaren, what time is the Barmitzvah?" I can't remember if it is six or seven at night, so I walk in the house to get the invitation.


BOY AM I GLAD I DID! The barmitzvah....is at 9:30 A.M.!!!!! I had NO clue!!! We would have missed it COMPLETELY. David looks at our neighbor and says "I guess we're coming after all."
Jake & I are going to Wal-Mart in a bit, after I get our girl out of the tub. It's open 24 hours. I need to buy a CARD to put Ben's gift/$$ in.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: