CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb, pt. 2 - 11/29/2006

Howdy. I know, I said I'd "write tomorrow" a few days ago. Can you believe I have not GOTTEN ON LINE until now. I mean, other than for work. SO busy. It may have something to do with a certain fruit of my looms...loins...that has a certain project of the science fair nature that this certain fruit has known for months and yet I only find out about it a day or so before vacation. I digress but I am explaining why we're all with the "busy."



Thursday - Turkey Day. 16 people to feed. David's parents (with a little help from me & Grandma) kicked patootie in feeding 16 people. I helped make this casserole, where almost everything was a slight substitution off the original receipe. It was funny...and delicious. We should have made 2, it was gone in a flash. The only down-side? No leftovers!! Gasp! I loves me some leftovers. I think the only things left were an assortment of stuffings and a little bit of turkey. Good eats = no leftovers I suppose.





I think we played a board game that night, or was that the following night? I know we played Pictionary one night (Team Kaaren/Tricia/Jacob came from behind to victory!) and another night we played Apples to Apples.






Friday we had to load up a U-Haul. We were bringing back a piano (how cool is that? Never had one before), a full-sized bed, a twin-sized bed, a dresser, a little vanity table & chair, a rocking horse (belonged to David) and a lot of other items. SO excited about the beds. YOUR GUEST ROOM IS READY MICHAEL (MAX) !!! *wink* (Seriously though, Michael. Come down.)

We put both the full and the twin bed in one room. I figure that if a family is coming to visit, we can put someone in the twin bed and then 2 other people in the full. It all fit so nicely, too. We bought a small put-it-together-yourself table to go in between the beds so guest have somewhere to put their glasses, etc. on, rather than get up and go to the dresser on the other side of the room. The piano looks FABU in the formal not-yet-finished-painting living room. Litrell, the across-the-street neighbor, helped David move it in. Isabel loves it already. David will play and sing for her and she gets this GOOFY grin (Heather, like the one she had when she heard everyone start to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider.") To coin an Isabel phrase "Sooooo Cute."

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: