CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 17, 2006

Lies My Parents Told Me - 11/17/06

Who came up with the "kiss the boo-boo to make it better" thing? Remember that? Remember being little and having your mom or dad kiss it & make it better? If Isabel bonks her noggin, she cries, then she says "Hurts!" and then "Kiss it, Kiss boo-boo," and so we do. So cute. Isabel's finally figured out how to actually give a kiss. Before, it was just this open-mouthed drooly thing; CUTE to look at, not so much for the slobber though. Now, she purses her lips, and makes the kissy noise and everything.


Let me take you on a tangent. I'll work my way back to Isabel.


My mom passed down many things to me: my butt being a prime example. You couldn't have given me the boobs?? I digress. She also passed on to two of us...the pinky-toe. What is commonly referred to in my family circle as...the jacked-up pinky toe. The smallest toe on my feet are jacked up. Mom...jacked-up pinky toes. Vicky (I'm calling you out - LOL!!) - jacked-up pinky toe. Kaaren...Super-Jacked up Pinky Toes. On all 3 of us, our toenails grow split. It's weird and also, ew. Add to that, my corn from being stupid as a teen and wearing stylish yet bad-fitting shoes. The price I paid for fashion. The jacked-up pinky toe scares David. It wigs him out. Can't blame him. Jake finds it both gross and amusing.


Why are we discussing my toes? I was sitting on the couch this week, shoes off. Isabel was on the floor next to the couch. She sees my toes.

"Owwww, Boo boo, mommy, boo boo! Kiss it!" and she proceeds to kiss my toe. Jake is in hysterics. I pull my feet up under me, and tell her thank you but don't kiss mommy's feet.


Anyone got a boo-boo?


Speaking of noggins, Isabel LOVES Noggin, the network. It's a cable channel dedicated to toddlers & pre-schoolers. No commercials, instead they show funny clips and clips for upcoming shows etc. It's intelligent programming for little ones. The host is a cartoon moose, names Moose A. Moose and his bird companion, Zee. It's a great network.


They have a new show called The Upside-Down Show. Two guys from Australia, I think, who are hysterical. Right now, this show is right up there in Isabel's mind with Go Diego, Go. The link above will take you to their Noggin page. Select the videos and see what these guys do. I love their accents.




(Lies My Parents Told Me, Buffy Season 7, Episode 17)

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: