CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 27, 2006

There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb - 11/27/2006

We're back. Spent a week in Lookout Mountain, GA. It's so pretty up there. We did not get there until Monday night (10 p.m. or so) so we were really there Tuesday through Friday. We drove back Saturday, so that we could unpack the Jeep and the U-Haul-O'-Stuff we brought back with us. I'm still kind-of pooped. Had to go back to work after being gone a week. That's always a bummer. I need to hop over to AOL real quick and upload some pictures. I took WAY too many and this website only lets me do 50 a month. I think I'm at like 20 so far. I'll put what I can here, and then I will have to link the rest.


Tuesday we just kind-of putzed around. I went to the very quaint post office (think Mayberry, and not in a bad way or anything) with my m-i-l, while David went though boxes and boxes of stuff he had stored at his parents house. You can see me twitching, can't you?

Wednesday, we took the kids and David's grandma letterboxing. We were one for two. Here's Grandma, Isabel & David looking at a view at one of the letterboxing locations. Didn't find this letterbox. The second location was in this terrific park up there. SO much fun for kids. The kids played while grandma & I found the box. Victory! Here's Jake sliding down a humongous slide at this cute park, called The Pumpkin Patch.



Wednesday night was bowling night. Bizarro bowling, as they had you prepay for your games and then they'd randomly turn off our lanes when the prepayments would expire. We could not understand how, if you prepaid 6 people for a game each on one lane, how do you run OUT of $$ if you have not finished bowling. Weird. David's brother Kevin kicked butt. It's cause he's so tall. His arms practically reach the pins anyway. LOL





Thursday! Turkey Day! But before I proceed, let me take you back to....oh, 1975. Meet Hugo, the Man of 1,000 Faces. This creepy little toy was very popular in the 70's. He came with scars, toupee's, two sets of glasses, fake teeth, etc. etc. Creepifying. Apparently, my husband used to scare the heck out of one of his brothers with it. (By the way, THIS picture is from a set currently for sale on e-bay. They are at $51 right now). So, David wants to get rid of Creepy-Hugo, only....Isabel. She...loves Hugo. *shudder*





Here she is, in her beautiful Thanksgiving dress....playing with Hugo. She'd try to stick one of his noses on, and give him kisses. I caught her one night out of bed, down the hall, grabbing Hugo from his box. (She was SOOOO good going to bed. Not crib. Bed. She could get out of the bed, but she wouldn't. She'd lie there like a good girl....except for the Hugo incident). Hugo, alas, is still up in Lookout Mountain. He may get "e-bayed" as well.


Back to my daughter, and the beauty and perfection that is my daughter. (We'll just ignore the humming thing that drives me, as well as restaurant patrons, bonkers). Here she is in that dress again (quite possibly humming, too). Gahh! Gorgeous!




Anywhoo, it's 11:33 p.m. and I HAVE TO WORK IN THE MORNING! Wahhh! I'll continue tomorrow

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: