CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Into the Woods - 02/25/2007

The Flea Market and Super Wal-mart. Two very similar places. A place where the melting pot that is America boils over. I actually don't mind the idea of Wal-Mart. Let me get 'things cheap' (that is different than 'cheap things', which they also carry). Just please dear Lord, let me get out of there in one piece. I have never seen more miserable people than I see when I am at Wal-Mart. No one can smile, patrons and employees alike. I try to be chipper, but by the time I am out of there, my energy is drained. It's almost like a free-for-all. Patrons pushing their shopping carts without looking at what's around the next bend and then getting upset at hitting the person with the right-of-way. People stopping in the middle of the aisle, rather than to the left or right, so you can't get by. I prefer Target. They are building a new Super Wal-Mart a stone's throw from my street, but I would rather go to the Target near my office during my lunch break, than go to Wal-Mart. It's depressing. My cashier today looked as if she swallowed a peeled squished lemon. A lemon filled with razors; she was mean-looking. Not a smile to be doled out to anyone. Ugh.


We also went to the Flea Market today. One we had never been to before. Again, mish-mosh of all kinds of people, mainly ones with bad dental hygiene. I'm a snob, I know. Rough day. Isabel decided it was melt-down time, and boy did she ever. We ended up leaving because I was not about to have a 2 year old tell me which way I should be going. If I pushed the stroller left, she'd wail "NOOOOO, THIS WAYYYYYY!!!" and disolve into tears. She was in desperate need of quiet time. Way too much stimulation for all her senses there. People pushing dogs in strollers, a man pushing a skunk in a stroller (I kid you not). Why are you bringing your dogs to the flea market? I don't understand this. I know you love your dog, but no matter how you dress it, it's not a child, it's a dog and it does not need to be in a stroller. Poor humiliated pooches. I am of the mindset that dogs need to have a purpose to their day. Fetch something, herd something, dig something, not be pushed around in the stroller. Don't get me started on skunk guy.


Back in the sanctuary of our home, we are watching a movie called "Zoom." (don't bother) We just took a break to put Isabel to bed.

"Into the Woods", Buffy Season 5 Episode 10

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: