CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 23, 2007

Entropy (or why my lunchtime story is better than yours) 04/23/2007

I went to lunch with David and Isabel today at a fast food joint. We sat down facing the soda machines (self-service). I see something happening and I pay attention.


A thin Hispanic (looks like Puerto Rican) guy in his 20's was filling up water cups with soda. The manager came out and told him that he asked for water cups, and that those cups were for water only. If he wants sodas they are $1.39 each. She takes the cups away from him and throws them away. I sort-of snicker to myself. Then I see BIG fat Puerto Rican man (20's as well) come over to the table right next to me, where a young 20-ish woman pushing a stroller with a toddler has just sat down. She has a 5 year old with her as well. BIG fat man says, and I quote, and in front of me & Isabel and David: "What a F-ing C*nt. Did you see that B**ch? I'd have thrown the F-ing drinks all up on her." The young woman proceeds to agree with him saying stuff like "BullS&*T" and "b**ch." They get caught STEALING, but the manager is a C**t & a Bit**??


Young guy comes to the table with ANOTHER big guy, and what looks like a late 40-50ish year old lady - possibly the mother to some of these people and the grandmother to these little kids. Grandma says "What a F-ing B..." and they proceed to go off again cursing.

The five year old is right next to me. We're sharing a LONG bench booth thingy. The 5 year old says "Sh*t. I wanted Coke!" OMG, you guys. I did not finish my salad. I made the excuse "David we have to go, I have to get back to work" and left.

I was SO mad. THESE are the kinds of people that give Puerto Ricans a bad name. I was so embarrassed to be sitting next to them, knowing that I am Puerto Rican, and these people are a prime example of why we are looked down upon in Central Florida. Call me the 'white sister' all you want, that is NOT acceptable behavior! WHEN did this ever become o.k.? It is NOT. It is never ok to speak like this...especially in public....ESPECIALLY in front of your children/grandchildren.

Like a co-worker said when I told her the story: Trash is trash. White, black, tan, yellow, purple. Trash is trash.

How was YOUR lunch today?

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: