CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 23, 2006

Move Update # 2 - 06/23/2006

Did I mention the tiredness that is me? My knees! WHY did I have to be an idiot when I was 18 and bust them up? As Vicky so aptly put it, "You're going to be one of those old blue hairs yelling I'm mo-bile thanks to my Hover-round!"

OH HEY! SIDE STORY: While my sister Brenda & Fede were here, I decided to take them to look at the new house, from the outside. We're walking around the house, and two cars pull up in the driveway. I'm not too concerned. I'm thinking maybe the builder, Maronda, told them where they could see what a George Washington model looked like. So, I am putting Ms. Squeak in the car seat, when my sister comes around the corner and says "They're putting a key in the door Kaaren!" Now, there is no Maronda rep. with them. Just some old Hispanic lady(Puertoriquena by the look. I can spot my own). and her son in his 30's. My sister Brenda, as you can tell by my last post, takes no guff. She says to them "Why are you trying to get into my sister's house? SHE doesn't even have a key to show her own sister and they're letting strangers look at it?" They explain that Kenya at Maronda gave them a key so they could look around. Unattended. In my house. Now, I knew I had not technically closed on it, and I said so to them, but the more I thought about it, the less I liked it. Brenda said that it looked as though the key would not work because the older lady was jamming the key in & pounding on the door. I got on my cell and called my salesman Ralf. I was driving around the block as I spoke to him. I asked him "Ralf, why did Kenya send people to look at the house? I mean, I've already had my second walk-though, right? I've already signed off that everything is perfect, so what recourse do I have if someone does something to the house or something gets damaged?" Ralf acted all shocked but I really don't believe it. I think they were trying to be sneaky and show the house. The odds of my being there were pretty slim, right? HA. God works in mysterious ways. I drove back to the house and Mister Hispanic Guy gets ATTITUDE with me. Attitude! He's at my house and he's giving me 'tude?!? He starts immediately with "I have nothing to say to you, you need to call the office. It's not your house yet anyway, you haven't closed." To which I replied "I did call the office. They said that no one should be in the house. I've already had my second walk-through. I've signed off that it is perfect and no one should be in the house even after the first walk-through!" (They're getting in their cars - looks like they never got in the house). My sister Brenda asks him "What was the name of the sales lady again?" He says "I'm not telling you nothin," (nice grammar - if you're not telling me "nothing", you're telling me something. The two negatives negate themselves, Dork.) My sister replies "I know her name is either Kendra or Kenya, so don't worry about it." We drove off. I was so upset for the rest of the night. The NERVE of Maronda for sending someone unaccompanied to look at my house and the NERVE of el estupido portorra que se cree que puede comprar una casa tan grande como la mia. NOT.

OK, where were we...Monday's move & closing. We got the truck pretty much settled. Then, we remembered the 44 cases of 6 each of tile in the garage! The HEAVY 44 boxes. David and I loaded those suckers up, 12 cases at a time in the Jeep & he drove them to the U-Haul place (we got free storage for a month for renting the U-Haul for 3 days). David, by the way, is Superman in disguise. I don't know how he did it all. Mrs. Squeaklefritz was o.k. Bored out of her mind and wandering to the U-Haul a lot.

I cleaned the old house top to bottom. I hope the new owners appreciated the work I did. It looked really good. David and I walked around the house, looking in every room. I was o.k. David was misty-eyed. We then went to the closing at 2 p.m. ....in jeans and t-shirts, because the Einsteins that we are forgot to leave nice clothes out. LOL I was all worried until we got there. They were dressed like shlubs too. WHEN did people stop dressing nicely? I wore a suit when I originally closed on the old house when I was buying it.

Babysitter story. Remember me saying my babysitter was going to be in Puerto Rico? You don't? Then read the BLOG, hello? Long story short: Oldest son got summer school after they booked the flights, so she & oldest son stayed in FL while husband and 2 other sons went to Puerto Rico. We had a babysitter for both closings.

The closing went well. The couple who bought the blue house were young - early 30's, with a 4 month old boy...named David. We did not have to bring anything to the table. By the time everything was signed in septuplicate (I'm making that word up, by the way), we were out the door with a ton o' cash...figuratively (it was all bank wires). We were quite wealthy...and also homeless. I text messaged almost everyone in my phone too. Hee hee. We ate dinner out. :) We drove the U-haul to Deltona and spent the night at a friend's house. Tuesday morning was the closing on the new house.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: