CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 7, 2006

This Year's Girl - 06-07-2006

We have a male neighbor with a young daughter. She visits with him every other weekend. Now that school is out, she’s with her dad a little more. I think she is truly going to miss us. I feel a little sad for her. Her dad is a great guy, I just don’t know so much about her mom (her parents are no longer together). Little things she says like “You cook a lot” and “What is THAT?” (to my trying to feed her cheese-covered broccoli, make me sad. I cook a lot? How often does she get a home-cooked meal? She also says things like “We don’t have a dining room table. We eat dinner on the floor in the living room” when I make her eat her snack on the dining room table and NOT in the living room on my new carpet. Her dad has all these things, but she only sees him every other weekend. What must weekdays be like? She also said “We have to move in 30 days.” When I am not home, she always asks “Where’s Kaaren?” and when I get home, she jumps up & down. Isabel loves her. Loves to play with her. I am going to miss her, even those times when, like tonight, we said we were going out to dinner. She said, “OK, so am I” and RUNS to tell her dad she’s going to dinner with us. How can we say no? (and we actually got treated to dinner by her dad for taking care of her at no charge). I do hope “J” & “I” appreciate all we do for them. I do.


OK, new topic: Cell phones in restaurants. ARRRGHHH. Does Arrrgh get my point across? We went to breakfast on Sunday. Three people at the table 12 inches from us are talking. The one girl gets a phone call. She proceeds to answer it and “blah blah blah hee hee hee blah blah NOOOO…Nooooo, she said that? Noooo.” I wanted to shove the cell phone in her uneaten scrambled eggs. Anyone who knows me knows I cannot stand cell phone use in restaurants. I will not answer it if it rings. I cut the call. I am there to eat dinner with whomever I am there with (my husband, my friend, my grandpa, whoever). I am NOT there to have a random conversation on the phone, leaving my lunch date hanging. One word: Rude. Stop it. NOW. WHAT can be so terribly important that you have to ignore the people you are eating with? Are you that self-centered? No, really, you do NOT look important. You look like a dork. A Rude Dork. * ahhhhh * I almost feel better.


0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: