CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Move Update # 3 - 06/24/2006

Tuesday we got up a little late and had to rush to the baby sitter's. Our closing was at 10 a.m. in Sanford and we had to drop "I" off in Orlando, from Deltona. A lot of driving. When we got to the title company's offices, they had a totally enclosed play room for kids. Doh! If we'd only known.


This time, it was just David, Jake & I, plus the closing lady. No one else. We signed a gazillion papers, they kept a bunch of the $$ we made yesterday and boom! keys to the new house. When Debi the closing lady said "Congratulations," I grabbed David's arm and shook him while saying "Yaaaaaaaaay!"


Drove BACK to Orlando from Sanford to get "I" and then BACK to Deltona to the new house. We got in through the garage door (different keys from the house - no garage door opener yet), through the door to the kitchen with the house key and walked around. Then I went to the front door to test out the keys there. They worked on the dead bolt...but not the bottom lock. A-HA!! Hence the rude people not being able to get in. The key did not work. Na-nee-na-ni-boo-boo. We had the garage keys and were just fine. I called and left a message for the builders and they had someone out the next morning to fix it.


So, this is Tuesday, it's about 1 p.m. We're lolly-gagging about....until David said that oh, by the way, the truck is due tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. AAAAAK! What? We have an entire truck to unload, a toddler...toddling about..., a 12 year old whose idea of helping is grabbing one thing and casually strolling down the ramp, only to get fascinated by whatever was in the box. *sigh* I don't know how we did it. I had David set up Mrs. Squeaklefritz's bed first, so she could nap and later go to bed. Oh, no blinds in the house. No ceiling fans...and it was a hundred degrees upstairs. We worked out tails off. DAVID worked his tail off. He really did. At MIDNIGHT we were done unloading. I wanted to cry. My body hurt so badly. We actually carried a washer & dryer up an L-shaped flight of stairs! David's idea - I blame him for the dinged and chipped drywall. I think I lost an ovary on the landing. I only need one, right? So, I'm asleep on the mattress at 1 a.m. We got up at 7:30 to get ready to return the truck at 8:30.


Since then, it's been unpacking and sorting and whining and yelling. This is not fun, people. Ms. Squeak has discovered the wonders of stairs. Up & down, up & down. Someone has to constantly be watching her, so it gets a bit frustrating. "Where's 'I'?" "I dunno, I thought you had her." There she is, half way up the stairs.


There are also ants everywhere! What a pain. They bite sometimes too. Ouch! We have found a few places where they are coming in from the outside and have to seal those, but I am sure they are inside the walls by now. Fun. Middleton Pest Control, here I come.

I walk around the house moving things from one place to another. We want to paint, so a lot of things like frames and shelves will remain in boxes until we are done, which is driving me bonkers. The ADD in me.


Even with the swollen knees and climbing the stairs (who the heck was the idiot who wanted stairs? oh, that would be me), the lower back pain, the stiff neck, the painful feet, I still walk around with a grin on my face - Thanking God all the time.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: