CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Puppet Show - 09/23/2006

Well, I'm mad. We have our annual insurance enrollment time at work. If you need to make any additions or changes to our health, dental or vision plans, now is the time to change. I'm having some toast and a cup o' joe while I am reading the forms. THEY have decided that they don't think we need vision coverage or orthodontia coverage (braces) for children in our company. As a mother of a toddler and also a 12 year old who a) wears glasses and b) needs braces, I am extremely mad. Braces alone run $3-4k and our current plan only covers $1500 of that. I still would have had to pay out-of-pocket expenses, but NOW we have to pay the whole thing. Apparently, those who decided this, must not have kids. My son is due for his eye appointment too. This really stinks. They act like they are doing us a favor by not having this. They might be for the non-kid-having sect, but not me! This will deter a lot of people from giving their kids the braces they need. Mom was poor and we did not have insurance growing up (thanks dad), so none of us got braces. Vicky ended up getting braces at like age 29 or 30. My lower teeth could use a straightening, but I don't care. Thanks, oh wise company, for making us parents have to go in hock to fix our kids teeth and be able to help them, you know, SEE in class. Boo! A pox on you!

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: