CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Where the Wild Things Are - 09/17/2006

These love bugs are driving us BONKERS! If you're not from the south/southeast, you may not know what a love bug us. Meet a love bug couple.


Love Bugs



These pesky little things only come out twice a year; now and I think some time in March. They are pains in the butts. They fly around while mating, just like the picture above. Yup, they fly around like that. They swarm everywhere and their physical make-up ruins your car's finish. This physical make-up also deters other predators (lizards, spiders) from eating them. They think the love bugs are gross too. Contrary to Urban Lore, they were NOT created in a lab at the University of Florida. Their first reported sighting was actual in the early 1930's in Texas. These suckers are SWARMING around our house. Tons of dead ones can be found littering our front and back doors. The living ones are all hovering around everywhere. They get in the house every time we open a door. David and our girl tend to squish them all day long, and I get to clean up with the broom. *sigh*

New Topic: David thinks it's funny/weird that when I go to check out at the grocery store, I put things on the moving belt based on where they will go in my house. The refrigerated items all go together, the freezer items go together, the pantry items all go together. I sort, David laughs, but...when we get home, I can grab one bag and head for the fridge. I don't have to dance between the pantry, the fridge, the freezer. I am *so* efficient, aren't I? Don't laugh or I'll poke you with the carrots.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: