CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 1, 2006

Ah sed... my nothe ith stuffy. - 05/01/2006

I am sick. Sinuses are driving me nuts. My nose is stuffy. I felt horrible all day long. Tonight, after the crazy toddler is in bed, I have to scrub the kitchen floor. Hands & knees scrubbing. The Realtor Lady is coming tomorrow to take pictures. Ugh. My head hurts and I get to get down & scrub. Did I mention I have been getting dizzy spells for the past 3 weeks? I made a doctor's appointment....3 weeks ago. They could not get me in until this Thursday. Good thing I'm not sick or anything!!


J went to take out the garbage and said "Wow, there are a ton of people outside." Slight exaggeration, but there were several neighbors out. Neighbor Mark the mechanic talking to a friend, Mr. Cathy's husband washing his truck, the Hispanic vet nurses (husband & wife) across the street, Vic/Vin/Mick next door. All of a sudden, I felt really nostalgic. I like my neighborhood! And I am leaving. Male vet nurse even said yesterday "I wonder who will buy your house. What kind of people they'll be." To which I replied "Yes, because they can't be as cool as us." And he replied "You're right." Awe.


Oh Vic/Vin/Mick - that's one guy. When he first introduced himself, I was not sure if he said Vin or Vic. Not wanting to ask, I never called him by his first name for fear of getting it wrong. When I'd talked to David about him, I'd say "Vic/Vin said ....." It was an inside joke - I had no clue. Then, one day, across-the-street neighbor yells to Vic/Vin: "Hey Micky, come here!" Not Vin, Not Vic - his name was Mick. So now, we still call him Vic/Vin/Mick. Not to his face, of course. If I just say to David "Mick said he'd loan us his saw," David gives me a blank stare, until I say "Mick? you know, Vic/Vin/Mick?" Then comprehension dawns on his face. Hee hee.


I'm gonna miss the neighbors

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: