CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Living Conditions - 05/14/2006

Take 3!! I kid you not. My computer FROZE twice while typing this update. The second time, I copied to the clipboard as I went, and guess what? It didn’t save it either. Wahhhhhh!




OK, sigh; let’s see if I can remember what I have already typed twice today.



With all the goings-on this past weekend (travel to Seattle and death of a loved one), I forgot to mention that we got three offers on our house and we have a contract. Hopefully, I will get this right (not good with the details, I’m afraid), but I am sure David will correct me :P



Offer # 1: Couple offered 10k below our listing price. No other conditions (other than the usual inspection stuff) and they were pre-approved.



Offer # 2: Man offered 5k below our listing price, but wanted us to pay his closing costs. This turned out to be over 6k, so in effect, his offer was over 1k less than the one above. We declined it.




Offer # 3: Couple offered 10k below listing. They did not have a pre-approval letter. It was also an FHA loan, which means $1k more out of our pocket. They also wanted a home warranty, another $365 out of our pocket. Their agent appeared to not have a clue either. He used the wrong forms (our broker specified which forms), his contract was not signed completely, he asked us for Lead-Based Paint certifications (our house was built in 1994, so that is not even applicable, and he wanted some letter from our Home Owner’s Association. Our contract clearly stated, “No HOA.” Derr. We turned it down.




We went back to Offer # 1 and raised it by 5k. They were going to come back with only raising it 2.5k and play some kind of bidding game, but David told our agent that we would not go below $5k more and she told them. They agreed and signed the contract. Papers were faxed to Seattle for me.




Meanwhile, back at the ranch…The agent for Offer # 3 got his act together. He either got help or really smart overnight. The offer was on the correct forms. No FHA, no home warranty, with a pre-approval letter from Bank of America and…..here’s the kicker, ladies & gents: They came in at 1k OVER listing price. They were giving us listing price plus 1k more. So, $6k over the offer we had just signed!!




Hindsight is 20/20, and we can play the “What-If” game until we are blue in the face. We had an offer and we took it. We need to sell this one in order to make the purchase of the other one happen. So, June 19th will be the closing on our current little home, at which point, we will be wealthier than we have ever been and…oh yea, homeless. The closing on the new house should be a few days after that, at which point we will be poor again, but no longer homeless.




I want to take time to paint the rooms before we move in, especially the bedrooms. The formal rooms downstairs I am not so much worried about. We’d need furniture for me to worry about painting around it all. J But definitely the bedrooms. I just don’t know how much time I can take off of work and how much I could get accomplished with Miss. Squeaklefritz in tow. We’ll have to figure something out.




So that’s our story (which I saved on Microsoft Word as I typed, before putting it on this blog. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, oh computer, and you’re getting a very-literal bat in the face).

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: