CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date - 05/24/2006

I was talking yesterday with my brother-in-law, David's youngest brother, about how David and I met. When I told him, he thought I was kidding. So did David's mom, for that matter. So, it's share-time.


Back in 1998-1999, cell phones did not have the great plans they have now. Free nights, weekends, free calls between network people, etc. Also, I didn't have a cell phone. :) I talked to my sister Vicky practically every day, but the long-distance bills were rough. We got AOL and talked all the time via IM instead. We would be up till 2 a.m. addicted to AOL. Vicky had an ad with AOL's dating service. It used to be called Love at AOL (now, it's actually merged with Match.com). She would send me links of all the scary guys who would answer her ad (she got TONS of replies) and I would laugh with her, . She started sending me links to guys in Orlando - scary guys. We'd laugh at them all, because "occasionally, I'm callous and strange". . She sends me a link and writes "This one's cute." I open it and it is a picture of David. She also IM's "Aaaand he's on-line right now. I dare you!" Yup, I did. I sent David an IM. He said he was busy and had to leave and could I send him a picture, since I had already seen his. (he was on his way out on a date, by the way). I sent the picture and thought that was that.


The next day, I get an IM when I am on-line because, again - addicted to AOL. We talked on the phone and via e-mail and eventually set up a date. We met at Applebee's and had dinner. He was goofy, but I have a thing for goofy guys. (side bar - David had a date w/someone else that he cancelled after meeting me - LOL)


Yada yada yada.....MARRIED. OK, not that fast. We dated 3 years before we got married.
And that's our story.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: