CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dopplegangland - 05/21/2006

So, when did JC Penney become Sears? Really, when? I went there last night with my daughter. I've noticed this in the past. This store is always having these amazing sales, almost as if they were going out of business. I have noticed this change for about a year, as well as a lack of customer service.



I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. Shopping at JC Penney does not bother me. They have cute things at cheap prices. I know several people in my circle of family/friends/co-workers that would turn their nose up at it. (Like one who complains about being in debt, and then shops at high end stores or spends $85 on a pair of shoes. There may be a correlation between the being broke thing and the shopping thing.) Lately, I could see their point in turning their nose up. The store here in Altamonte Springs is a mess. A mess. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can't do messy stores. I want to organize things, fold things and put clothes back where they belong. lol There are hardly any employees working the floor. I had to walk to another department to find someone. There are no longer cashiers in every department. Now, there are "customer service" centers in main aisles. One or two cashiers handle several departments, and there is almost always a line. I feel like I'm at Wal-Mart, or Sears. Sears started this "Customer Service" centers thing a while back. Then again, they are now owned by K-Mart, so maybe that's why I get the Wal-Mart feel in these stores.



I got the cute brown shoes for $20. They are technically for work, so some people may find them dull. I'm going to wear them with these brown wide-legged slacks ($20) and a blue shirt. I'm trying to dress nicer for work.


0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: