CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 12, 2006

Storyteller - 05/12/2006



I hope you moms had a great Mother’s Day. I got taken to The Melting Pot, which is one of my favorite-est-est places to go. We have not been since before Isabel was born, because…pricey. We were scared of how she would behave. The first half hour was touch and go. Then, she decided she was ok, and sat there eating crackers & raisins. (I went prepared!) We had a fun meal!







More random things from this week:





1. I finished Prince Caspian, by CS Lewis. Liked it much better than The Horse & His Boy. MUCH!



2. I finally finished all the books in the “Belgariad” series. The end was a bit anti-climactic, but I enjoyed it.



3. I cannot, cannot, cannot seem to finish this book, Why Buffy Matters, The Art of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, by Rhonda Wilcox. You all understand the depths of my Buffy/Angel/Whedon-verse obsession, and yet…I can’t. It is like…reading a college essay. A bad college essay with way too much quoting of other people’s ideas. She bounces around, changing themes mid-sentence. Arrrggh! It’s depressing, because I am one that can’t NOT read a book I started. I have to finish. I am only on page 87 now. There are still more books on my Yahoo list on the “Whedonverse” that I will get, I just pray they are better than this. Sad side note: On the cover, there is this recommendation:





It’s the best Buffy book so far. When it comes to Buffy studies, Wilcox is the Slayer – Michael Adams, author of Slayer Slang





Dude, I hope not.





4. “I” keeps taking all the pencils & pens out of the kitchen junk drawer and depositing them in J’s room. He has a cup with pencils, so she feels she must keep him stocked up. Memo to me: remove scissors and pointy things from there.



5. Her feet smell.



6. Dinner’s in the oven. A recipe I got out of a cookbook, that I put on my weekly menu, thankyouverymuch. It’s a Ham, Cheese, Hash brown, Egg, Mushroom, and Red Pepper bake. And it’s looking rather iffy. L



7. Why can’t boys wear socks? J wore his kewl shoes out without socks last week….you have NEVER smelled anything more revolting. Seriously. Worse that “I”’s feet. And then he has the nerve to ask for new sneakers.





That’s all for now. Happy Monday!





0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: