CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Conversations with Tweens - 05/02/2006

My ex is a worrier when it comes to our son. My ex was a troubled child, to put it in PC terms, and therefore projects all those fears onto our son. He called me today, after seeing my son this weekend, for the first time since December. He was concerned about J, and whether he was being bullied, and whether he was odd, and saying that his sister (J's aunt) said that J had problems (I'm gonna place a little phone call on that remark, you can best be sure), etc., etc. This grated on me all day. My ex is always doing that.


I was washing dishes while J did homework. I looked at him and said "J, I was talking with your dad today and he mentioned that he thought you were quiet and unhappy." (J's face has a curious look) "And he thought maybe you got bullied or something. I know he worries a lot about you because he's not around, so he asks you a ton of questions. J, are you happy?" His eyes widened and he said "Of course, mom!"

Me: Cause I think you're happy most of the times

J: I am! I really am.

M: And you're not getting bullied or think you're weird or something?

J: No...

M: Cause I think I'm the kind of mom you could say anything to, you know that right? (he nods). You know you could tell me anything and I'd be there, right?

J: I tell you everything (gives me a sheepish smile) Well, except about homework.


I loved this conversation. Now, off to make that phone call to his Aunt.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: