CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Family - 05/06/2006

Today we had to leave the house several times for showings. Not complaining! We are happy we have a lot of interest. One couple liked the house & asked if we could close this month. Eeeep. We said not until June 20-something (about a week before closing on the new one). Another couple liked the house but not the neighborhood. They were young (20's) and stupid. LOL OK, not to be mean, but the neighbors & neighborhood is really nice on our end of the street. It is truly their loss.


I took the kids to my dad's house for the afternoon. It was about an hour & 1/2 drive one way. My grandfather is in town from Puerto Rico so I wanted to go over there and see him, and have him see us. David had to work. While at dad's, (dad was at church), we went to Applebee's for lunch. Stepmom, gramps, me, the kids. Grandpa wanted a salad. We read off the salads (didn't want the Santa Fe because it had pico de gallo), so my step-mom points to the Oriental one and tells me to order him that. I do. It has chicken, crispy noodles, lettuce and almonds. The salad arrives and grandpa did not know what those noodles were, and wanted to know where the tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. were. He ate it, but said something to the effect of my step-mom ordered wrong. To which she replied something to the effect of Kaaren ordered him the salad wrong. *sigh* She pointed, said order, and I ordered in English. So yea, I guess it was my fault. He cracked me up though. We told him he could return it, but he kept saying no, no, it's ok. And then would mention that Wendy's salads have croutons, not these weird crunchy things (oriental noodles).


The rest of the visit was short but nice. Mrs. Squeaklefritz thought my gramps (her Great-gramps) was fun. He kept goofing with her until she finally warmed up. Then she was all over him. He's a short version of my dad - very goofy. He has a quick wit and very good with word play between English & Spanish words. Half the time, he'd say something that would go over J's head, but would have me cracking up.


We drove back and got home around 7-ish. Now...time to pack for my 3 days in Seattle. Don't miss me too much while I am gone.

0 comments from wacky fun peeps!: